I chose violin myself at nine years old. No one in my family had studied music and I had never gone to a concert. The local high school orchestra performed at my school, and when the conductor held up a violin for us to see, I knew that would be my instrument.
• AMERICAN YOUTH SYMPHONY –A founding member – principal 2nd violin.
• UCLA- Studied violin with Stanley Plummer and Mehi Meta.
• I helped pay my way through college by playing orchestra engagements and chamber music
• BANFF SCHOOL OF FINE ARTS –Studied under Henry Temanka and Lorand Feyves of the Royal Academy of Music.
• At Banff, I was coached by Zoltan Zekley from the Hungarian String Quartet and by the world renowned William Primrose.
• Graduated from the UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA, with an M.A. in philosophy
• I developed my own commercial string quartet, The Group, with a full season of engagements.
• Studied with I. Fisher from the Eastman School of Music.
• Coached by Norman Nelson from St. Martin in the Fields.
• Advanced training in the Leopold Auer Technique, the Galamian technique, Advanced Artists Technique.
• Concert mistress for a Mozart opera, with solos.
• Violin soloist for the Verdi Requiem.
• I had my own commercial duo “Two for You,” which again led to a variety of engagements both challenging and fun.
• Successful Studio Musician.
I now enjoy teaching full-time as well as performing with the Santa Monica Symphony and maintaining a schedule of recital concerts throughout the year.
UCLA – Private donors scholarship for study
University appointment – violin soloist for graduate program
First violin for the grad program in chamber music
Rocky Ridge School of Music, Colorado – Scholarship for musical studies
Banff school of fine arts – Awarded position in The Canadian Chamber Orchestra